Rules and Regulation
Every student of Sri Sathya Sai vidyaniketan must endeavor:
1. To be smart and neatly dressed.
2. To converse only in English while he/she is in the school premises.
3. To be polite and well mannered.
4. To respect parents, teachers and elders and greet them once a day.
5. To stand quietly when a teacher enters the classroom and sit down only when told to do so.
6. Never to tell lie, cheat or use unfair means at the examination or on the playground, no matter what the temptation.
7. Never to loiter aimlessly along corridors, run about, shout or whistle.
8. To take proper care of books, note-books and other school things.
9. To avoid writing on walls or carving out names on desks /benches /tables/ chairs /trees.
10. To know the magic in the words “please” and “Thank you“ and use them frequently on all appropriate occasions.
11. To accept defeat with a smile like a true sportsman.
12. To read the school as his/her second home and do every thing possible to keep the classroom and the school premises neat and pleasing to the eye.
13. Never to indulge in deliberate destruction of school property and to report any such instance he/she may come across to the teachers.
14. To treat his/her schoolmates as his/her own brother and sisters and help younger ones whenever possible.
15. To be read to co-operate in any endeavor to promote the well being of the school and schoolmates.
16. Never to bully the weak to make fun of the old, poor or the handicapped.
17. To avoid vulgarity in talk and behavior no matter what the provocation.
18. To strive to attain excellence in whatever activity he/she participate.
19. To make pursuit of truth and knowledge his/her motto.
20. To be regular in attending classes. It is absolutely essential that students must maintain at least eighty percent of attendance. Incase the attendance falls short of 80% and not below 75% special permission will have to be obtained from CBSE condoning the same. If the attendance falls short of 75% such condoning may not be possible. Thus falling short with regard to attendance, will subject the students being eligible to write the Annual Exam at stake.
Silence: It is only in the depth of silence, voice of God is heard.
Obedience: Obedience alone gives the right to command.
Selflessness: The secret of true joy lies in self sacrifice and not in self-seeking.
Truthfulness: Truth is above everything : but living of truth is highest.
Sharing: In this world it is not what we take but what we give, that makes us rich.
Punctuality: Time waste is Life waste.
Cleanliness: Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
Helpfulness: Life is sweet when it is spent in the service of others. Help ever Hurt never.
Sincerity: An ounce of sincerity is batter than tons of knowledge.